- Privacy & Security - Low-Down Skinny
- However, you might find the answers you are looking for by reading these summarizing bullet points:
- We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order.
- We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- We use return email addresses to answer your questions, send you notifications about your order, or to send the optional Manufactory newsletter.
- Such addresses are not shared with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- Returns & Replacements
- Returns and replacement policies depend on the circumstances. Please visit this page for more information.
- Orders can be placed over the phone but generally it is faster and more convenient to place the order on our website. Orders generally ship within 24 business hours if received by 10:00 AM PST, otherwise it should ship out the next business day after that.
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Orders can be paid with credit card, pay pal or by money order or check, however payment needs to be received before an order can be released for shipment. We accept all major credit cards. International credit cards issued by foreign banks are also accepted.
- Viewing Orders
- You can view the status of your order by logging into the system or by tracking your order with the tracking information provided in our shipping notification. Please allow two to three business days for the shipping notification to arrive in your inbox. This is due to processing times at our warehouse. Shipping notifications will be sent to you 24 - 48 hours after the product has shipped.
- Updating Account Information
- You may update your account information any time by accessing your account on our website. Should you have any trouble with our system please call us or contact us via email. We are happy to assist you!
In the following, you will find out:
- What identifiable information of yours is collected from you through the web site
- How we collect that information
- How the information is used
- With whom the information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information that you share with The Manufactory
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information or change it in any way
or by mail to:
164 Sleepy Hollow Drive
San Anselmo, CA 94960
Your Information: How We Get It, What it is, and How We Use It
The Manufactory is the sole owner of the information collected on The Manufactory.com. We will not sell, share or rent this information to anyone else in any way except as outlined below.
The Manufactory may keep track of this information and the information that you provide to us when you visit the site for our internal review, business development, research, marketing and promotional purposes and site customization. For purposes of press inquiries or aggregate statistical analysis no personal information that can identify any individual person will be shared.
We may also use this information to inform you about special offers, exciting information, new features or services we think might interest you. We will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving these mailings at any time.
We store this information in our database. At any time you can remove your name and related information from our database, and we will provide you a choice to opt-out if you don't want your information used for any purpose. You can review and update your information by contacting us via email or by calling our office.
Examples of information we may request includes Contact Information such as your name and shipping address, and Financial Information such as credit card number, expiration date, billing address and billing phone number and date of birth. We gather this information for billing purposes and to aid in verifying your age (you must be of legal age to order wine.) We may also use this information to contact you in the event that there is a problem processing your order. This information will not be sold or shared with anyone else. If any of this information changes you can update your account at any time.
Other personal information we may ask you for include your marital status, occupation, education...that sort of thing. This is to help us serve our customers better. When you use the services of this site you are no longer anonymous to us.
We will also collect information for gift recipients. This information is used to insure that orders are delivered correctly. We will not sell or share this information with anyone else. We may use this information to email special offers, information, or new features and services the gift recipient might be interested in. We will provide the gift recipient with an opportunity to opt-out of these mailings.
We will also use the IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, or for research and marketing purposes. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
You may obtain further information about "cookies" and how they function at: http://www.cookiecentral.com
Information We May Share
The Manufactory may share the information that is not personally identifiable with its partners and advertisers.
The companies that handle shipping, handling, and credit card processing are outside of The Manufactory. Those companies will not retain, share, store or personally use identifiable information for any purpose outside your order. We will never release any account information to anyone other than the groups responsible for helping The Manufactory function, such as those mentioned above. In the rare case that this might be necessary, you will be contacted first in order to give authority.
By using this site, you expressly agree that we may use any personal information provided by you or that has been collected by the site about you for technical, administrative, research and development, customer administration, marketing, age verification, promotional and advertising use by the site or third parties affiliated with The Manufactory or authorized by The Manufactory to use the information by the site.
The Manufactory provides an exciting and informative newsletter to those customers who wish to subscribe. For this purpose we will collect your contact information such as name and email address. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from said newsletter simply change your account options.
The Manufactory protects your personal information with several security measures. In addition to normal precautions such as physical security, we have strict internal security policies.
When shopping at The Manufactory you do not need to worry about credit-card safety. We use the latest encryption technology to keep your personal information safe. All your ordering information -- including your name, address, and credit card number -- is encrypted using a secure server for maximum security. Your credit card and billing information cannot be read as it travels to our ordering system. To ensure that your information is even more secure, once we receive your credit card information, we store it on a server that isn't accessible from the Internet.
Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution, which receives the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions. If you feel more comfortable doing so, you are welcome to call in your credit card information and complete your purchase by phone.
Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your bank cannot hold you liable for fraudulent charges over $50.00. In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.